Assistant Professor of EFL at Woosong University in Daejeon, Korea, starting June and September 2017
Woosong University is seeking experienced, qualified candidates to fill positions as non-tenure track EFL assistant professors, starting in June 2017 and September 2017.
Assistant Professor of English as a Foreign Language (non-tenure track)
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Only candidates meeting these requirements will be contacted:
– Must meet the requirements for E-2 or F-visa status.
– Master’s degree (Education, English, or Linguistics preferred) and 2 years of verifiable English teaching experience acquired after the master’s degree
– PhD or EdD, with experience taken into account but not required.
Video of an English class at Woosong Univeristy
Experience must be:
– Full time English teaching at a university, college or corporation (not from private academies)
– Primary or secondary level outside of Korea is acceptable with teaching licensure
– Verifiable through letters from employers with explicit dates or certificates of employment
Non-tenure Track Assistant Professor, General English Language (GEL)
– Teach a variety of credit and noncredit English as Foreign Language classes
– Maximum teaching 20 hours per week, 4 office hours and 2 hours every two weeks for professional development. Classes are taught from Monday to Friday during the morning, afternoon and evening.
– Bilingual (Korean and English) GEL Professors who can translate and interpret may have opportunities for administrative duties.
– 2,700,000 to 3,500,000 Won per month
– Relocation allowance of 40,000 Won per day for up to seven days for those applicants currently living outside of Korea (payable with first pay check).
– Initial contract bonus (an additional 1,000,000 Won upon contract completion) for all first year teachers
– One month’s additional salary is paid as a bonus upon the completion of a second year’s contract and every year contract thereafter.
For Single teachers, a housing stipend* of 400,000 Won per month is offered, or, if available, a rent-free partially-furnished apartment close to the campus.
For teachers with a spouse and/or family, a housing stipend* of 500,000 Won per month is offered. In the case that two teachers are married to each other and working for Woosong as a couple two housing stipends* of 400,000 Won are offered to the couple.
*The housing stipend does not include key money and Woosong will not provide key money, advancements, or loans to its employees.
– Vacation – 6 weeks paid
– Medical / Dental: National Health Insurance plan
– Private Pension Fund approximately 8% of your salary per month
– Mentoring program for those new to Korea, or Woosong
– One year contract starting around the beginning of June or September. (Renewable upon satisfactory performance)
GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAM OFFERINGS
Woosong offers staff discounts for study in the Masters of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Multimedia-Assisted Language Learning (M.A. TESOL-MALL) Graduate Degree program at Woosong University (http://tesolmall.wsu.ac.kr/) and the Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.) at our international business school, SolBridge (http://www.solbridge.ac.kr/). Both programs are taught solely in English.
First screening–Submit a cover letter, résumé, scan of passport information page and proof of experience to the Woosong Hiring Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed and those which meet Woosong’s requirements will pass to the interview stage. Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to everyone. We appreciate your understanding.
Woosong University requires a national level criminal background check, an original copy of diploma, and a health report. The health report will require a medical examination done in Korea which involves testing for tuberculosis, HIV, hepatitis and drug use.
For More Information, go to http//www.woosong.org/wli
Woosong Hiring Committee
Map to Woosong University in Daejeon
Teachers Who Applied For This Job Also Applied For