Assistant Professor Position (for Spring 2017 Start) – Gunpo-city, Gyeonggido, Korea
Hansei University, Hansei-Ro 30, Gunpo-city, Gyeonggido, South Korea
Assistant Professor Position (for Spring 2017 start) – 1 year contract
1. Applicants must be eligible for appointment according to Hansei University faculty appointment regulations.
2. All Applicants MUST have a master’s or doctorate degree with a preferred 2 years of teaching experience at the university, public or private school (e.g. K-12), or institute/academy level.
3. Applicants must be Christian.
4. Applicants must hold a passport from one of the following countries to be eligible: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the United Kingdom, or the United States.
5. Hansei employees must maintain a professional work environment, while being flexible and pragmatic in a dynamic, changing university environment.
Watch a Hansei University promotional video
Evaluation Procedures & Criteria
Applicant evaluation will be conducted in two stages.
First screening – Evaluation of all applicant’s academic background and employment history by Hansei University’s faculty team.
● Due to the high volume of applications received, applicants who fail to pass the first screening may not be notified.
Second screening – Interview (for first screening qualifiers only)
● This evaluation will also include the applicants¡¦ teaching ability, teaching philosophy and so forth.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
First screening – submit documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Resume (including visa status, Nationality, and DOB)
B. Passport-style photo
C. Please use acceptable file formats (MS Word or PDF, jpg for photo)
(At the time of interview the following materials are required)
A. Copy of passport
B. Certificate of teaching work experience provided by your previous/current employer with dates, contract information and signature/stamp proving 2 or more years of experience.
C. Three references with contact numbers
Upon Contract Signing
A. Original diploma of highest degree with official sealed transcript
B. Certificate of criminal record from your country of origin
C. Copy of alien registration card (if applicable)
Teaching start date is 2017-03-02 (1-2 day orientation will be held 2 weeks prior to this date)
If any submitted documents are found to be fraudulent, any application or contract will be terminated.
Applicants will be employed under a one-year contract. After the one-year period, the appointee will be evaluated for reappointment.
● Annual starting salary is 29,500,000won for master’s in accordance with university policy. (Depending on teaching experience and qualifications)
● Housing allowance is 500,000won. No key money offered.
● 12 hours weekly of classes / 5 office hours must also be maintained each week over the course of two 16 week semesters.
● Overtime pay of 30,000won per hour
● Health insurance, private pension, support for research
● Professors must teach a summer or winter intensive class once a year. (typically for 3 weeks following the semester)
Hansei University Professors are expected to contribute to the growth and success of the program by volunteering to a limited degree and contributing some time/effort toward university festivals, contests, other school events, and/or curriculum development, etc.
Take subway line number 1 and get off at Dangjeong Station. Come out of exit 1 and go straight about 5 minutes on foot. Then you will see the main gate of Hansei University in front of you.
For further details please contact the faculty team at the Department of Academic Affairs or Global Education Center of Hansei University. (+82/31-450-5281)
Map to Hansei University.