English Editor for PC and Mobile Games (Songpa gu, Seoul)
One English editor familiar with PC and mobile games[Job Descriptions]
1) Editing PC and mobile game scripts
– Edit game scripts that are translated from Korean to English to make it more natural and appealing to US and other English speaking countries.
2) Editing game related materials
– Edit game related materials such as marketing articles, game manuals, and design documents.
3) Assessing and advising freelance translators
– Assess the translation quality of Korean to English translation.
– Advise freelance translators of their work and show ways to improve their translation quality.
* Native American or other countries that use English as a mother tongue with solid English writing skills
* Proficiency in computer and mobile games
* Basic level of MS Word/Excel skills
* Able to work in Seoul, Korea
* 2 or more years of experience in editing/writing
* Enthusiasm for fantasy and sci-fi literature
* Familiarity with HTML (or XML) structure
* Familiarity with CAT tools (Trados and MemoQ)
[Type of Employment]
* Full-time, M-F
[Terms and Conditions]
* Monthly Wage: Starting 2.4 Million KRW
* Starting Date: 2017 March
(Everything including salary is negotiable.)
* Four statutory insurances: Medical Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, Health and Safety Insurance, and Pension Plan
* Submit the following documents at our email address by Feb. 28:
2. [Optional] Sample essays or articles
* Company Name: Latis Global Communications Ltd., Co.
* Location: 3F, Hyndai Bldg., Olyimpic-ro 82, Songpa Gu, Seoul (5 min on foot from the Sports Complex subway station, line 2)
* Company Website: http://game.latisglobal.com
* Work Environment: Probably the most amiable atmosphere you may find in Korea.