English Editor In Seoul (Full Time)
Woongin Compass, a worldwide English Language
Trainer Company is seeking a Project Manager/
Editor to work at our Seoul Office nearby Yangjae
Woongjin Compass started in 1999. We create ESL teaching and learning content
for digital media and print.
Our ELT materials are in 50+ countries.
Due to business growth, we’re growing our team of content developers.
This Full Time Project Manager / Editor position is in our Seoul office near Yangjae
You’ll be working in the content development department.
You’ll report to the Content Development Manager.
Design and create educational content with learning goals.
Produce learning content that is targeted towards a specific English language
level and/or age of learner.
Create practice TOEIC, TOEFL and IBT tests to be used by ESL students preparing
for these standardized tests of English language skills.
Design tests which check students’ comprehension of course content already taught
and completed by students.
Do editing and proofreading work of learning content produced by Woongjin
Manage content workflow from freelance content writers.
Ensure content creation meets company publishing deadlines and work is done
within budget provided.
Develop instructor “how to teach with this book” guides.
Create marketing presentations for the textbook and course sales team for new
book releases and new releases of current textbooks.
Collaborate with the digital team to create online learning materials of new books
and updates of existing books.
Provide overall support for all types of content development tasks.
- You’ll need a Bachelor’s degree or above with a major in English or Education.
- 3 years of publishing experience.
- A TESOL, CELTA or ESL/EFL teaching certificate is desired.
- You’ll meet the necessary qualifications for an E-7 or F visa in Korea.
- Must have experience teaching English as a second language to various age
groups and levels.
Woongjin Compass is located in Yangjae, Seoul.
- Outstanding ability in reading, writing and listening of English.
- Strong working knowledge of MS WORD, Excel and Power Point software.
- Understanding of In Design and PDF editing tools.
- Understanding of editing, proofreading and publishing best practices.
- Understanding of TESOL methodology and terms.
- Very organized with attention to detail.
- Multi-tasker (several projects at a time)
- Ability to give and receive positive feedback to and from coworkers.
- A team player. Must posses superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Dedicated to both professional and personal development in the ELT
digital industry. A long-term thinker.
This is a one to two-year working contract with a probationary period.
There is considerable training for this position and the learning curve
Therefore we prefer the successful applicant to be willing to work with
the organization for a longer period of time.
Here’s a video of Joon and Josh of Woongjin Compass talking to
ESL students about a new textbook.
Pay & Benefits Package
We offer a competitive pay package based on your experience and education.
Salary range is 3.0- 4.0 million Korean Won per month
You’ll receive 15 vacation days and paid personal time off each year +
Korean public holidays.
The work hours are from 9:00 am until 6 pm.
Lunch is scheduled from 12:00 to 1:00 p m daily.
You’ll receive Korean national pension and health insurance as mandated
by the labour law of Korea.
Once you complete a one year contract you’ll receive a severance bonus of
one month’s salary.
We’re looking for the right candidate to start immediately.
However, we are flexible to onboard the right candidate when he/she is
Apply Now for This Project Manager / Editor Job
About Woongjin Compass
Find us on Facebook
Current & Former Staff at Woongjin
Leave A Review Of Woongjin Compass