Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) Announcement No. 2017-60
Native English Editor Recruitment By the Korean Intellectual Property Office
The Korean Intellectual Property Office is looking to hire an English Editor. We ask that all competent and diligent candidates apply.
Number of positions One
– Must be a native English speaker
– Must have a university degree from a country whose native language is English – Preferred: i) Bilingual applicants (Korean and English)
ii) English literature majors
– Responsible for editing/proofreading English documents and speeches.
Start date After mid-May 2017
Contract period and working conditions
– Contract period: One year (renewable annually depending on performance)
– Hours: 9:00AM~6:00PM, Monday to Friday
– Location: KIPO, Government Complex, Dunsan-dong, Seo-gu, Daejeon Metropolitan City – Remuneration: approx. KRW 2.6 million a month (basic pay); holiday bonuses, overtime
pay, and welfare points also provided
– First stage: document screening (only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted)
– Shortlisted candidates will be requested to take an English editing test and participate in a one-on-one interview
– Decision announcement (only the successful candidate will be contacted)
March 22, 2017
* Holiday bonuses, overtime pay, and welfare points are provided under separate pay
– Posting Period: March 22, 2017 (Wed) – April 2, 2017 (Sun) (candidates who pass the initial screening will be contacted individually sometime after 6 April)
– To Apply: Submit documents to firstname.lastname@example.org – Documents to submit
i) Application form (including a photo)
ii) Statement of purpose
※ Refer to the attachment for application form (photo required) and statement of purpose templates.
※ Statement of purpose may be 1-2 pages and written in any format.
iii) Copy of Degree certificate(s) and transcript(s)
iv) Copy of career certificate(s)
v) Copy of Certificate of Alien Registration
※ All certificates should be scanned and attached to the application e-mail.
– Employment may be cancelled if any documents submitted are found false or differ from verifiable facts
– Applicants are solely responsible for ensuring the accuracy of any information contained in their applications
– This vacancy may be re-advertised if we are unable to find an appropriate candidate to fill the position
– For all other matters, please contact the hiring manager at email@example.com or English Editor(042-481-8644)