English Faculty Position at DongYang University, Yeongju-City, Korea
Yeongjusi, South Korea
A Non-tenure track English Faculty Position at DongYang University, Yeongjusi, Gyeongsangbukdo, Korea DongYang University (DYU) is seeking for 5 qualified native English instructors to begin teaching in the spring semester of 2017.
Providing interviews opportunities
– Title: Assistant Professor
– Responsibilities: Designated regular 18 hours of teaching English courses per week during each semester. 20 hours during each vacation for summer or winter English camp and etc. Other obligations include observing weekly office hours, attending faculty meetings, and participating in various department activities and events. (Regular hours of teaching could be reduced under 18 hours in each semester going forward.)
– Date of Appointment: March 1, 2017
– One-year contract, renewable.
Master¡¯s degree holder:2,200,000won per month
– National health plan and private school pension premium.
– University provided housing off-campus housing (utilities not included) or a housing allowance (300,000 won) added to your salary every month.
– A large, modern on-campus shared office
– 4 week paid holidays each summer and winter vacation (= total 8 week paid vacation per year)
*During the vacation period, overtime pay is 25,000won per hour.(OT during the semester will be 20,000won per hour)
– Native speaker of English from an accredited graduate school(Master¡¯s degree)
– Master’s degree (2 years experience in teaching or English related research)
(No specific Major required/ *Preference given to Master¡¯s degree, CELTA/TESOL certificates)
-Full-time School (elementary school, middle school and high school) teaching experiences are counted in teaching experience.
-Any Private Academy (especially Hakwon in Korea) teaching experiences are not counted.
– Application form
*Please download and fill out the DYU application form first. If you do not use the DYU application form, your application will not be processed.
(1) A cover letter and resume with photo(passport size) attached
(2) 1 recommendation/reference letter with contact information
(3) A copy of degree(s)
(4) A copy of transcripts
(5) A copy of employment verification letter
(6) A copy of any CELTA or/& TESOL certificates if applicable.
(7) A copy of passport and alien registration card
(8) A copy of Criminal Record
(Note : Full set of required documents must be presented as a whole. Any missing document shall not be accepted)
Qualified candidates for the positions will be contacted via e-mail within two weeks from the date of the application submission. Interviews will be scheduled for the following week. Candidates will need to bring with them to their interview the following:
– Original degrees (these will be returned)
– Sealed official transcripts of same degrees (these will be held)
Dongyang University is located in Yeongju-City, Kyongsangbukdo, 2 hour away by Express bus from the Seoul Central Express Bus Terminal.
Faculty & Human Resources Team (University Headquarter, third floor)
Dongyang University, 145 Dongyangdae-ro, Punggi-up Yeongju-City, Kyongsangbukdo 360-40, South Korea Tel: 054-630-1242/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Application Packets should be submitted via Email. Application Deadline is February 28, 2017(Until five professors are hired.)
Required level of English: Native speaker
CELTA/TESOL and/or More than 2 years teaching experience preferred