Why Web Conference? Top Benefits for You and Your Company
Web conferencing refers to a service that allows conferencing events to be shared with remote locations.
These are sometimes referred to as webinars or, for interactive conferences, online workshops. In general, the service is made possible by Internet technologies, particularly on TCP/IP connections.
Who are you web conferencing with today? Enjoy this ESL conversation lesson!
Part I: Let’s Chat about the Photo
1. What’s the relationship between the 7 people in this picture?
2. Do the people in the foreground each have their own glass of water?
3. What’s the ratio of men to women?
4. Who do you think are the leaders of both groups and why?
5. When was the last time you participated in a video conference?
Part II: Take the Survey and Talk About It
1. How often do you participate in conference/web calls?
Once a day
Once a week
2. When is your next scheduled conference call?
In a few days
3. What’s your comfort level during these types of calls?
Not nervous at all
4. With whom do you have conference/web calls with?
5. Which device do you use to conference call?
Office Technology (in house system)
6. Have you ever lead a conference call?
7. How often do you participate (talk) during conference calls?
8. Do you usually keep yourself on “mute” during conference calls?
9. How much more meaningful are “in person” meetings than conference calls?
No difference in quality
10. Do you sometimes avoid arranging ‘in person’ meetings and instead do a conference call?
Part III: Share Your Opinions
Discuss the Photo
1. Why is the man holding the tablet instead of placing it flat on the table?
2. Do you think the people on the screen can see and hear him well?
3. What percentage of businesspeople multi-task during conference calls?
4. If you were leading a conference call, what would be your 3 most important priorities?
5. If you’re late to a conference call, should you interrupt and introduce yourself or remain silent.
6. What are some good conversation ‘ice breakers’ while you’re waiting for everybody to jump on the call?
7. When’s the best time of day to hold a conference call?
8. Is it okay to go over the time schedule for the conference call or keep a ‘hard stop’?
9. What are the risks of showing a video to participants during a web conference call?
10. If you had to set up a conference call tomorrow what things would you need to prepare?