Faculty Teaching Positions Changshin University

Teach at Changshin University Korea

2017 Faculty Position for Native Speakers of English – Changshin University, Changwon, Republic of Korea

Changshin University

Changshin University, located in Changwon, Korea, is looking for one English Native Speaker who is interested in teaching English to university students and improving their English language skills.
– at least two years of teaching experience at the college level
– at least a master’s degree or a Ph. D in English-related fields such as TESL,
Applied Linguistics, English Literature, and English Education.
– Ph. D in other fields will be also considered but limited to majors that match
the courses offered at Changshin University.

Watch a video about Changshin University

● Responsibilities
– teach a minimum of 12 classes hours per week, and a minimum of 3
hours/week of overtime are required.
– subjects to teach: English Conversation, Reading, Writing, and other
English-related subjects

12 office hours (6 hours to be available for students and 6 hours for
class planning)

– teach both day time and night time on-campus classes
– attend school-related events.

● Starting Date for Employment: March 2, 2017
– need to be at the college at least one week prior to the above date.

● Period of Employment
– 12 months for the first contract. Upon successful completion, you will be
eligible for another one-year contract provided certain conditions are met.

● Salary and Benefits

– starting salary: 30 million won per year for a MA holder, and 36 million won per year for a doctorate-degree holder

– overtime pay: 30 thousand Korean won per hour
– individual office space with furnishings, computer and access to the Internet
– rent-free housing on campus (only pay maintenance fees)
– Health Insurance, 50% of which is covered by the college.
– Private School Teachers’ Pension Plan
– 8 weeks of paid vacation per year: 4 weeks in winter and 4 weeks in
– Reimbursement for one round-trip ticket to the country of origin if applied
outside Republic of Korea

● Required Documents

Please, e-mail (carolk@cs.ac.kr) the following documents no later than
January 29, 2017.

– Originals will be required at the interview.
1. Cover letter
2. Current resume or CV
3. Recent passport-sized photograph less than 6 months old
4. University transcripts and university diplomas (graduate and/or undergraduate)
5. Copy of alien registration card (if you are currently residing in Korea).
6. At least two current letters of recommendation signed by the referee.
(The letters should contain contact numbers of the referees.)
7. Copy of past/current Employment Certification
8. Apostilled copy of National Criminal Background Check from your home country.
9. Copy of Criminal Background Check from South Korea (if you reside or have
lived in South Korea)
10. And other items can be requested after you are selected for an interview.

Here’s a map to Changshin University.

Learn about Changwon (home of the university)

Top 10 things to do in Changwon.

Leave a Reply