Chosun University Full-Time Foreign Assistant Professor Position Opening
Only those with the following qualifications will be considered.
1. Master’s degree + two years or more of English teaching experience.
(English teaching experience is not required for Doctorate degree holder.)
2. English native speaker who is currently living in Korea.
(The officially recognized period of English teaching experience as recognized by the hiring committee may differ from that which is stated on the applicant¡¦s resume.)
• Preferred Qualifications :
– Degree in TESOL/TEFL
– Teaching experience at college-level
– Fluency in Korean
• Job description
1. Position : Full-time Foreign Assistant Professor (Teaching College-level English credit courses, possibly in combination with non-credit English conversation courses)
2. Employment Leve l: Non-Tenure
3. Contract Period : April 1st 2017~Feb. 28 th 2018(renewable)
4. Basic Teaching Hours : 10 hours per week (Monday through Friday)
(LEI Teaching is required in vacation time.)
• Salary and Benefits
1. Base payment : 2,182,300 KRW per month
2. Overtime pay for teaching over 10 hours per week : (Overtime pay varies with academic season and time period.)
3. Allowance : 819,500 KRW (Housing allowance, Research Allowance, allowance for the post attached)
4. Paid Vacation : 8 weeks per year
5. Shared Office : With personal desk and PC
6. Holiday bonus : 60% of one month’s base pay (paid twice yearly)
7. Benefits : Teacher’s Pension, Health Insurance, Welfare bonus
*Application should be sent to email@example.com (by 5:00 PM on February 10th, 2017) and should include:
1. Application Form( https://goo.gl/Wrxz6K )
2. Cover Letter
3. Copy of the information page of your passport.
4. Copy of your alien registration card (front and back side)
5. Copy of degree certificates and transcripts (undergraduate and graduate school)
6. Copy of federal-level criminal record
7. Current identification photo
8. Certificate of English teaching experience
9. Copies of English education related certificates (if applicable)
10. Recent letter of recommendation (if applicable)
1. Application materials will not be returned.
2. Knowingly submitting false or inaccurate information in the application process will result in disqualification from the process.
3. Contact infomation:062-230-6675~76 or email firstname.lastname@example.org