We are seeking innovative and qualified Primary and Secondary School teachers to join the English faculty at our leading co-educational school for the 2017-2018 School Year. Applicants will be hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professionals with excellent subject knowledge and a sound understanding of the Common Core State Standards and American school curriculum.
The positions will involve teaching students in Grade Levels 1 to 12 and also assisting in the encouragement of extra-curricular activities. The applicants will be a motivated individuals with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in various subject areas.
We strive to inspire and foster students with a passion for learning and to cultivate excellence in teaching and learning, compassion, personal expectations, and creativity through an international experience so that each student grows to be a well-rounded global leader.
We are a small and young school, so we need people who are motivated, proactive, and adaptable.
We are a community of learners. We are self-reflective practitioners who work together to persevere, meet challenges, and forge pathways around and through obstacles. We view our mistakes as learning opportunities and rejoice in each other’s successes. We engage. We explore. We strive. We place the well-being of our students at the core of our teaching and learning practices. This shines true in the way we facilitate classes, assess mastery of skills and concepts, and scaffold our learners. If this sounds like the type of environment and community you would like to be a part of, then you might be a perfect match for GIS!
– You must have a minimum of BA in Education preferably in your content area
– You must be certified
– You must have a minimum of 2 years teaching experience with the curriculum in the US or in an international school setting (years count only after being certified)
– You must have at minimum, a basic knowledge/experience related to assessment for learning, curriculum development (e.g., Understanding by Design), professional learning communities, project-based learning, differentiated instruction (e.g., SIOP) and standards-based grading.
While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered, and only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. To apply, please visit our website (www.gisseoul.org) to download and complete the job application form and submit it along with a cover letter, resume, and two letters of reference.
Documents required upon hiring:
Diploma (apostilled), certifications, FBI criminal background check (completed within 6 months of application and apostilled), and proof of valid passport (no less than six months from expiry).
Primary Grades 1-6
Secondary English Language Arts
– Start date: August 8, 2017
– Full-time with benefits (health, pension, housing allowance)
– Starting salary: 2.25 million KRW per month