English Instructor Opening at Language Education Center, GIST College, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
The Language Education Center, GIST, is now recruiting full-time English instructors to start from September 2017.
Position: English Instructor
Job duties: Teaching English (writing and presentation for science students)
– Native speaker of English
– Master’s degree (preferably in TESOL or related field)
• Application Details
– Deadline: 11 : 59 p.m. Monday, May 1st, 2017 (KST)
– Go to Language Education Center homepage, click ¡®Job Openings’ and follow the process(https://language.gist.ac.kr/)
• Required Documents: Submit through Language Education Center homepage
– A curriculum vitae with the applicant’s photo taken within six months
– A cover letter
– Three or more references (with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses included)
– Copies of diplomas, certificates, and transcripts (BA and MA)
* Document(s) of criminal records check (for applicants who pass the interview)
* Submitted documents will not be returned to applicants.
• Review Process*
– Document screening notification: by Monday, May 22nd, 2017
– Short-listed applicants after document screening will be invited to an interview and short demo lesson.
– Final notification: by Friday June 9th, 2017
* The notification schedule is subject to change as necessary.
• Job Description
– Duration of contract: September 1st, 2017 to August 31st, 2018 (renewable upon agreement)
– Location: GIST College, 123 Cheomdan-gwagiro, Bukgu, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
– Total annual salary before tax: approximately 43,000,000 KRW
(including a severance payment in accordance with Korean labor laws)
– Duties include:
– 12 hours of teaching credit courses per week during the regular semesters with office hours (or a combination of 9 hours of teaching and 6 hours of one-on-one English Clinic). Teaching duties include, but are not limited to,
a. Assessment, development and restructuring of curricula
b. Evaluation and placement of students
c. Providing advice and guidance to students
– Full-time teaching during the 2 week GIST Camp for Incoming Freshmen in February
– Teaching summer/winter school, if necessary (with additional compensation)
– 1 workshop (of 90 to 120 minutes) per semester on select English related topics/skills
– On-campus housing available
– Private office
– Shared Korean national health insurance and national pension
• For more information, please contact Jiseon Jeong
(email@example.com or Tel. +82)62-715-3703)
2017. 04. 11.
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology