Sogang Language Program (SLP) is a different kind of English academy. There are currently 64 SLP academies operating in South Korea. It is a language program founded by Sogang University as a place to educate the future leaders of Korean in English. SLP’s main purpose is to educate the whole child. The SLP program teaches English in an integrated way that allows children to think, dream, and act in English. SLP teachers teach an innovative curriculum that includes hands on, interesting and stimulating activities every day. If you are interested to know more about us, visit our official website: www.slp.ac.kr
Student Level: Range from kindergarten to elementary school aged students
Teaching Hours: 30 hours a week
Class Size: small classes with a maximum of 12 students
Monthly Salary: from 2.1 million to 2.3 million won per month depending on experience.
*Overtime pay will be paid according to each branch contract
*Tax, National Pension, Medical Insurance will be withheld from the salary.
*Please include salary requirements in your resume
Requirements: Successful candidates will be dedicated, passionate about teaching and able to work both independently and as part of a team. Ability to organize and multitask would be a strong advantage.
– Licensed Teacher, TESOL, TEFL certification holder is preferred.
– E-2, F-2, F-4 visa holder who is already residing in Korea is preferred.
Open positions and starting date:
– Gyeonggi-do, Bucheon SLP (March 2017)
– Gyeonggi-do, Goyang SLP (May 2017)
– Seoul, Gangbuk SLP (June 2017)
– Incheon, Cheong-na SLP (July 2017)
*Please include first and second preference of positions in your resume
– Accommodation Details: Housing is provided including bed, a TV, a refrigerator, a washing machine, and air conditioner, etc.
*pictures of residential place are available upon request.
– Health Insurance & Pension: 50/50 contribution to National Health Insurance and Pension plans
– Severance: one month’s salary shall be paid after completion of contract period.
– Vacation: about 10 days of paid vacation, national holidays
– Airfare: One-way airfare is provided
– SLP Teacher Training: Upon arriving in Korea, teachers spend a day in curriculum training, learning about SLP curriculum and textbooks. In the first few days at the campus, teachers will be in the Institute for classroom observation, or substitute teaching.
– Transference to other locations in South Korea within SLP branch would be flexible.
If you are interested in joining SLP please email your resume and a recent photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
*only shortlisted applicants will be contacted