Visiting Professor : Open Invitation in Busan
Kyungsung University, one of the top universities in Busan, is currently inviting EFL Teacher as Visiting Professor positions starting on March 1, 2017 as follows.
Kyungsung University is located near Gwangalli Beach in Busan. It accommodates about 14 thousand students. Until now, over 40 foreign professors demonstrate a superb level of competence for teaching students.
1. Subject Areas
A. Field : English Conversation
B. Position : Visiting Professor
C. Number of Openings : 2
D. Minimum Qualifications : A Bachelor’s degree or higher
a. Bachelor’s degree holders should also have over 4 years teaching or research experience in a university level, government office or research institute after obtaining Bachelor’s degree.
b. Master’s degree holders should also have over 2 years teaching or research experience at school, government office or research institute after obtaining Master’s degree.
c. Teaching experiences of the EPIK are 70% reflection.
d. Private institute as Hak-won and Un-paid tutor are NOT counted for minimum qualification.
e. Subjects : English Conversation for undergraduate students major
A. Applicants must commence to work on March 1, 2017 with a valid visa, otherwise the appointment shall be rescinded.
B. The teaching experiences of the EPIK are reflected in 70% for minimum qualification and screening.
C. The Hak-won teacher, private tutor and unpaid tutor are NOT counted for minimum qualification and screening.
D. The designated application form must be submitted. If not, other documents will not be considered without any notice.
E. Applicants must be eligible for appointment according to private university regulations and satisfy the requirements for employment required by the Korean government.
F. Applicants must be able to deliver lectures in English.
3. Employment Conditions and Benefits
A. The initial contract will be one year starting on March 1, 2017. The position can be renewable after the period of initial contract.
B. The salary is over 24,000,000 for a year and the housing stipend money \350,000 will be given monthly.
C. 12 minimum teaching hours required per week (50-minute lesson) in each semester. 8 hours of extra teaching classes will be required with overtime payment 25,000 per an hour.
D. Basic medical insurance which is identical for all the staff and faculty members of the University is provided.
E. Severance pay is provided as prescribed by the Korean pension law.
4. Application Process and Required Application Documents
A. Submit the Application and the below documents by mail, e-mail or in person.
a. Application Form (Download at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BegW2IQBHMq3wOeYez_4iLyTZhDuIOCMxvXoEoy6DKQ/edit?usp=sharing)
b. Cover letter
● Please demonstrate the fit between your background and the position
c. Agreement to Collect and Use Personal (Download at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NJmzxj7QfTpph97nq8gu6RP0PLMLK1m0wyuvuRwyLuc/edit?usp=sharing)
● If you don’t agree with the collection and use, your application documents will be denied without notice. Send the agreement with your signature.
d. Degree Certificates (B.A., M.A., Ph.D.): 1 copy of each
e. Academic Transcripts (B.A., M.A., Ph.D.): 1 copy of each
f. Certificates of employment (to verify work experience outlined in the application): 1 copy of each
● The certificates should be issued within the last 3 months.
● There must be shown the duration and position of your experience on the certificates.
g. Lecture Synopsis (inside of application form)
● Your plan to teach your classes and help students study in KSU
h. recent color photograph (3cm x 4cm or passport size)
i. copy of passport
j. Other document to verify experiences or activities relevant to this position.
B. Please submit all documents by e-mail.
a. All documents should be arrived until 17:00, Saturday, February 4, 2017.
● Local time in Korea (GMT +9)
b. Submission E-mail address : email@example.com
● Indicate in the subject line your name, highest Degree held, years of teaching experience. (ex: David, MA in Mathmatics, 4 years in the univ.)
C. Please be aware that the below document is one of requirements you should submit after all screening procedures are over.
a. A clean criminal background check issued at the national level from your home country with an attached apostille.
– A criminal record check at the national level, issued by your country’s government.
– The Korean government is asking for an official criminal record checks from your home country’s government, but information of how to get the criminal record check document should be asked to your own country.(cannot be issued by Korean consulates, delete)
– U.S.: FBI CJIS DIVISION (Federal Bureau of Investigations), http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/cjis.htm
– Canada: Royal Canadian Mounted Police, http://www.rcmp.ca
– New Zealand: Ministry of Justice website, http://www.justice.govt.nz/privacy/
– The records must be affixed with the relevant nation’s Apostille.
● Submit a criminal record from Korea when participating in an interview.
● It may be take a long time to get the issuance of proof of (lack of) criminal records, so please prepare as far in advance as possible.
5. Screening Procedures
A. Screening is done based on applicatio Applicants abroad can submit video files in lieu of an interview.n documents and interviews.
B. The interview will be held in Thursday, February 9, 2017.
C. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified individually by e-mail for an interview.
6. Further Remarks
A. All documents should be arrived until 17:00, Saturday, February 4, 2017.
B. Applicants must be eligible for appointment according to private university regulations and satisfy the requirements for employment required by the Korean government.
C. Positions may not be filled if there are no satisfactory candidates.
D. In the event that an applicant is found to be unqualified, either through an act of omission or fraud, said applicant will be immediately rejected.
E. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified individually by e-mail for an interview.
F. All application documents in a language other than Korean or English must be accompanied by a notarized Korean or English translation.
G. Contact Office
a. E-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Address: #201 Office of Liberal Arts Education, Multimedia Information Building, Kyungsung University, 309 Suyeong-Ro (Daeyeon-Dong), Nam-Gu, Busan 608-736, Republic of Korea
Map to Kyungsung University