POSTECH (Pohang University of Science and Technology) English Instructor Position Opening from Fall Semester 2017
POSTECH, a renowned university of science and technology, Pohang, Korea, seeks a qualified and highly motivated full-time English lecturer in the Division of Humanities and Social Sciences. POSTECH admits a small but very select number of high school graduates and supports them by providing an environment ideally suited to learning with a low student/faculty ratio. The university has been ranked as the best university in Korea and the 28th in the TIMES world university rankings, Harvard being the first.
(1) Requirements and qualifications
• Native speaker of English who currently lives in Korea
• Master¡¯s degree is required
• Ph.D degree is preferred
• Editing experience preferred
• Minimum one year of teaching experience at the university level is required
(2) Main duties and responsibilities
• Teaching 15 hours per week every semester. The classes will be split between freshmen classes and elective classes for upperclassmen.
• The 15 hours include teaching at least two POSLEC (POSTECH Language Education Center) courses every session.
• During intensive five-week summer and winter semesters, teaching two credit classes, two hours a day per class, five days a week, for a total of 20 hours a week.
• Cooperating with the faculty members of POSTECH.
(3) Salary and benefits
• The monthly salary is 3,138,461 won before tax. Including overtime pay for teaching non-credit Language Center courses and ¡°additional¡± classes during the five-week intensive summer and winter semesters, the total salary will reach at least 50,000,000 won in the first year.
• A three bedroom unfurnished apartment will be provided. The instructor is responsible for utility bills and paying the equivalent rent.
• An office shared with another instructor, a phone, a computer will be provided.
• Social insurances(national pension, national health insurance, employment insurance, long-term care) will be provided.
(4) Contract Conditions
• Annual contract renewal: beginning August 16th, 2017 and ending in August 15th, 2018
• To a qualified instructor, POSTECH offers a renewal contract based on the evaluations of the first year. The annual salary will be 69,000,000 won with 25 hours a week duty throughout the year.
(5) Required Documents
(Incomplete documents will NOT be accepted)
• 1. Cover letter
• 2. Current resume
• 3. Copy of undergraduate and graduate diploma (photo copied one is OK)
• 4. Copy of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (photo copied one is OK)
• 5. Copy of personal data page from your passport and current visa
• 6. Two recent (within one year) letters of reference
(6) Closing date
May 31, 2017
(7) Documentation submission address
Soo-Ok Kweon, Ph.D
Division of Humanities and Social Sciences
77 ChengAm-ro, Nam-gu,
Pohang, Kyungpook, 37673 South Korea
People Who Applied To This Job Also Applied To