Korea Science Academy (KSA) of Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
Recruiting Native English Teacher
Korea Science Academy of KAIST, a special high school for students gifted in mathematics and science, is looking for a qualified, full-time native English teacher, who will begin teaching in Spring 2017.
- Position & Number of Employment
– 1 Full-time English teacher
|– Native speaker of English (Citizen of one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States or South Africa as defined by the Korean Ministry of Justice)
– Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of full-time English teaching experience OR Master’s degree with 1 year of full-time English teaching experience
* Preference: English- Korean bi-lingual/ English Education, TESOL, Second Language Studies, or Applied Linguistics majors/ teacher’s license/TEFL/TESOL or CELTA certificates
– Teaching min. 15 hours per week
– Keeping proper course records, maintaining regular office hours, and attending meetings in addition to classroom duties, and participating in some extracurricular activities.
- Working Conditions
– Full-time position with 11-month contract (2017.03.01. ~ 2018.01.31, renewable upon good standing)
– Competitive salary (starting from 30,000,000 KRW per year for bachelor’s degree / 36,000,000 KRW per year for master’s degree)
– Furnished housing provided
– National medical insurance (contributory, school pays 50% of the premium.)
– National pension (contributory, school pays 50% of the savings.)
– Shared office
- Hiring Process
– Stage 1: Evaluation of application documents
– Stage 2: Teaching demonstration (30 min.) and faculty interview
– Stage 3: KSA principal’s interview
- Documents to be submitted
- Step 1
- Application [attached KSA form]
- One photocopy of each academic degree certificate
- One photocopy of passport
- Step 2 (only for those who pass ‘Stage 1’)
- Certificate of each academic degree (must be verified by the relevant official Apostille)
- Photocopy of documents of career and awards (certified by issuing institute)
- Medical check-up report (issued within 1 year)
- Criminal record check (issued by the central government of the home country, and then verified by an official Apostille)
- Sealed transcript of the highest level of education (must be issued by the University)
- Application Period
- Application must be submitted by January 31, 2017
- Submit your application and required documents in person or by mail. E-mail application is also acceptable, but (for those who pass the Stage 1) original copies of the documents must be submitted later before Stage 2 (teaching demonstration & faculty interview).
- Important Reminder
- It is the sole responsibility of the applicant for any documents lost in the mail.
- Giving false information will result in the termination of the employment contract at any time before or after employment.
- It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that documents are properly filled out.
- Submitted documents will not be returned and any incomplete documents will not be accepted.
- Contact Information
- For more information: Mr. Gyungmin Ko
- Address: Office of Academic Affairs, Korea Science Academy of KAIST
105-47 Baekyanggwanmoon-ro, Busanjin-Gu, Busan 614-822, South Korea
(우47162) 대한민국 부산시 부산진구 백양관문로 105-47 한국과학영재학교
Telephone: +82-51-6062-161, Fax: +82-51-6062-362