Teach English In South Korea – Sookmyung Women’s University
Sookmyung TESOL is looking for teacher educators to fill Assistant
Professor positions in its SMU-TESOL and YL programs
If interested, please read the How to apply section carefully, and include all requested
documents, including a unique cover letter.
Your cover letter should clearly indicate why you are interested in
the position and why you believe you are a good fit for our organization.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Finalists may be asked to submit a teaching video/multimedia portfolio, and/or to teach
a demo lesson.
Successful applicants will be expected to teach 14 hours per week in their department,
with an additional three hours per week in SMU’s General English Program a possibility
as paid overtime. Office hours and weekly faculty meetings are also expected.
Assistant Professor, Sookmyung TESOL
Starting Date: Feb 1, 2017
Qualified candidates will demonstrate most or all of the following:
● Exceptional teamwork/collaboration skills
● Master’s degree in TESOL or a closely related field
● Advanced proficiency with digital/online literacies
● Extensive experience teaching English to adults and/or young learners
● Experience teaching blended/distance/online courses (strongly preferred)
● Prior experience teaching standard core content of TESOL certification courses
● Approximately five years teaching CBI/CLIL in a variety of contexts, including Asia
● Success following and contributing to an established and evolving curriculum with
predesigned syllabi and lesson plans
● Faculty housing (studio dorm) or the financial equivalent as housing stipend
● Approximately $1000 annual signing bonus after two years
● Approximately 10 weeks of paid vacation annually
● Shared (two faculty) office with two computers
How to apply:
Please submit the following by email before September 18, 2016:
● Unique cover letter summarizing experience, fit, & teaching philosophy
● CV (Work experience, education, publications/presentation, other skills)
● Two letters of recommendation
● Teaching portfolio, demo video/multimedia link welcome (optional)
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Allie Jinkyung Hahm (Personnel Division)
More About Sookmyung Women’s University In Seoul, Korea
Find us on Facebook.
Here’s a link to our LinkedIn page.
Here’s a walking video tour of the school.
Leave A Review Of Sookmyung Women’s University