History Teacher at Incheon International High School (Incheon – Yongjeongdo)
• Native English-Speaking Teacher at Incheon International High School, South Korea
• Full-time, one year term (From March 1, 2017)SALARY
• Monthly Payment of 1,800,000 ~ 2,700,000 Korean won depending on qualifications (1 US dollar =approximate 1,200 Korean won)
• Accommodation (In-school apartment) & meals are provided.
• Native English speakers from major English speaking countries
• Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
• Knowledge of AP level syllabuses
JOB DESCRIPTION (Less than 22 hours of classes or advising per week)
• Teaching Courses: AP World History, AP Comparative Gov. & Politics, International Relations, Cross-cultural Studies
• English writing advisor for research papers and an English newspaper club
• Writing letters of recommendation for colleges abroad and helping students with their SOPs
• Applicants should be able to teach AP World History, AP Comparative Gov. & Politics, International Relations, Cross-cultural Studies to students enrolled in Incheon International High School’s international curriculum, with a preference for those comfortable teaching English subjects(Speaking and Writing in English as a second/foreign language) as well.
The students at this school are some of the top students in the country and are very high-ability in English, so the teacher should be prepared to teach at a high level in English.
The applicant will be working with three dedicated native English language/AP course instructors as well as over 60 well-qualified Korean teachers.
Incheon International High School (IIHS) is a public special-purpose high school located near Incheon International Airport and is one of the top ten high schools in South Korea, in terms of average Korean College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT) scores as well as college enhancement results. Located one-hour away from Seoul city center and 30-minutes away from Incheon metropolitan city center.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and a cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements for the position. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only the candidates selected for the interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidates will be required to submit a criminal records check and certificate or diploma to prove their qualifications.