Fantastic Teaching Jobs in Korea – Start February or August
Teaching English in Korea offers you a unique opportunity to part of a local community, share your knowledge and experience exciting new cultural horizons!
From laid-back beach-side town to traditional rural community to buzzing metropolis, we can help you secure the location that you really want.
- Start date: February or August (full orientation to be followed by placement at assigned school)
- Working days: Monday – Friday
- Working hours: 8.30AM – 4.30PM or 9AM – 5PM (depending on school)
- Teaching hours: 22 classes per week (so 3 or 4 classes per day)
- Student level: Choose from Elementary, Middle or High School
- KRW1.9 – 2.7 Million monthly (depending on experience)
- KRW1,300,000 Entrance Allowance to cover flight cost into Korea
- KRW1,300,000 Exit Allowance upon completion of contract
- Rural Allowance + Provincial allowance (depending on location)
- KRW300,000 Settlement Allowance (one-time payment)
- Free fully furnished housing or, where housing is not available, a rent subsidy of KRW400,000
- 3 Weeks PAID vacation (8 day summer recess, 10 day winter recess) + approximately 12 national holidays
- 22 hours of class teaching required per week
- Overtime pay or KRW20,000 per hour per supplementary class
- Severance pay equivalent to one month’s salary
- Tax exemption for 2 years apart from Irish & Canadians due to lack of ROK Treaty
- Compulsory medical insurance – 50% of premiums paid by employer
- National Pension scheme – 50% of contributions paid by employer
- Full 8 day orientation
- One year contract
- All national holidays
- Free Lonely Planet eBook guide to South Korea
- Nationality of UK, USA, CA, SA, AUS, NZ, SA or IRE
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
Applicants must also have at least ONE of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education / English / English Education / English Literature or Linguistics (major’s in Writing will be considered as an English major. E.g., Creative Writing, Critical Writing)
- Valid teacher certification for either Elementary or Secondary level schools
- TESOL / TEFL or an English Teaching Certificate comprising a minimum of 100 course hours (can be applied for now as long as qualification will be received before mid January) – Sign up for your TEFL Course.
- Master’s Degree
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least ONE full year of English teaching experience
If you do not currently have any of the above qualifications, the easiest way to get the eligibility is to take a 100+ hour TEFL qualification.
You would need to complete your TEFL qualification by mid January or mid July at the latest.
Where can I teach?
Locations available for teaching in Korea include:
About public school teaching jobs in Korea
- Teach just 22 classes per week
- Very stable working conditions – this program is sponsored by the Korean government
- Receive a salary of at least 1.9 Million KRW per month
- More benefits include a free, fully furnished private apartment + airfare allowances + settlement allowance + completion bonus + generous vacations + medical insurance
- Share this experience with 100s of other native English teachers
- Korean co-teacher in every class
- Full training and orientation
- No experience necessary!
Why apply through ESLstarter?
- Successfully placed over 800 teachers onto the EPIK program
- Reselected as an official public school recruiter for the previous 5 years
- Provide full guidance & support throughout application process maximizing your chances of success
- Expert feedback on initial documents to reduce the chance of unsuccessful application at the first screening stage
- Interview tips and guidance
- Full visa document checking service which will speed up your application and help you to save money on mailing costs
- 100s of testimonials from previous teachers who applied through ESLstarter
- Extremely high application success rate
- Greeting at Incheon airport upon arrival in Korea from an ESLstarter representative
- Free Lonely Planet E-Guide to successful ESLstarter teachers
- Access to Facebook group where you can meet and chat to other ESLstarter EPIK teachers
- Speedy & completely FREE recruitment service!