YBM is seeking a full-time TOEIC test writer in Seoul (Jongno) hide this posting
YBM’s Editorial Department is seeking a full-time test writer for TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication). Candidates must be native speakers of English and should have a strong knowledge of English grammar. Experience in writing materials for standardized English tests preferred.
▶A full-time TOEIC test writer
• Writing and revising passages and items of TOEIC Listening and Reading Test
• Copy editing and proofreading English test preparation or education materials, and consulting in-house Korean editors
• Must be a native speaker of English
• A bachelor’s degree with a major in English, journalism, or a related field preferred
• Experience as a writer of English test preparation or education materials preferred – preferably standardized English tests (e.g., TOEIC Listening and Reading Test, TOEFL)
• Extensive knowledge of the conventions of English grammar and usage
• Residency in South Korea preferred (F-series visa holders highly desirable)
• Formal EFL or ESL teaching experience with adult learners preferred
Please provide the following documents to the above email address with “Full-time TOEIC test writer: [your full name] ” in the subject line. Submissions that do not meet the formatting requirements will not be considered for review.
• Cover letter and resume in MS Word files (including your expectations for monthly or annual salary, education and employment history, highlighting your experience in writing materials for standardized English tests, especially TOEIC Listening and Reading Test, contact information, and a recent photo)
• Scanned copies of passport information page and university diploma
• If residing in South Korea: Scanned copies of ARC (front and back)
• WRITING SAMPLE:
Applicants may send any writing samples, preferably standardized English test preparation or education materials. (We will not use any of sample passages or items without your written permission.)
No phone calls, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a writing test and interview(s).